Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stash Talk

Sew, Mama, Sew! is one of my favorite blogs to follow. It's also a fabric shop!
Here are their questions and my answers about my fabric stash!
  • What do you usually sew? I sew gifts for friends and family, but mostly clothes for my daughter
  • When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? (i.e. If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy?) I will usually buy no more than a yard, unless it's on sale and then I'll buy two yards!
  • Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need? I am an impulse buyer! I find fabric first and figure out what to do with it later
  • Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it? I pre-wash if it will be made into clothing, and only right before I want to use it.
  • Do you iron it? Yes
  • How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.) If I sort, I sort by color, warms and cools.
  • Do you have any special folding techniques? Nope!
  • How do you store your fabric? Usually on the floor
  • What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash? NO tips here...
  • When do you say enough is enough? It's never enough! If I can't find what I want at home, I'll go shop for the right thing, and bring home a few more yards to stash.
  • What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects? Right now I am working on a quilt for my daughters toddler bed. It started with fabric from the stash, but I had to buy a few more prints to make it big enough.
  • Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? Let’s see it! I like this floral print, I like the red, pink, orange, and blue combination. The quilt I'm working on is built around the colors in this print.
  • What’s your definition of the perfect stash? Perfect would be the right color, print, amount, right when I want it and right where I can find it. But for now, I'm working with this!

1 comment:

bec said...

i love how you store it! mine is much the same way.